Every Woman Has Three Potential Pregnancy Options.
What if I Am Pregnant?
If you find yourself unexpectedly pregnant, you may be thinking about the options that are available to you. Perhaps you have some unanswered questions. When faced with an unplanned pregnancy, you have three options: abortion, adoption, or parenting.
If you are considering abortion, some of the questions you will want to ask yourself include the following:
- What type of abortion procedure am I eligible for?
- Do I understand the side effects and risks associated with having an abortion?
- Where can I go to understand my pregnancy options?
There are multiple types of abortion, along with different health requirements for eligibility. Take precautions by receiving health screenings ahead of time.
Find out more about abortion procedures and risks.
You may be faced with a lot of questions surrounding adoption. This is normal; adoption can be a bittersweet experience for many women! Below are some questions to think about before choosing adoption:
- What kind of adoption plan am I interested in? Do I want an open, semi-open, or closed adoption?
- What qualities am I looking for in an adoptive family?
There are adoption plans that best fit you and your needs. This decision is yours alone; no one can force you to place a child into an adoptive family.
Find out more about crafting an adoption plan.
Parenting can be both an overwhelming and joyful experience. Many parents say that raising children was one of the greatest experiences of their lives. There are some questions that you should consider when thinking about this option:
- Am I financially ready to parent a child?
- Do I have a strong support system in place?
- What things must I do to prepare for raising a child?
Though the idea of parenting may seem daunting at first, there is a range of resources available to help you along the way. You are not alone on this journey!
Find out more about parenting on our parenting page.
It can be helpful to speak with a professional about these options. No matter what, Elevate Women’s Center is here for you. We can talk about your pregnancy options and provide the information you need in a loving, safe environment.
All of our services are free and confidential. Make an appointment today to get the information and help you deserve!